Ten things to know after the first round of the 2018 Sanderson Farms Championship at the Country Club of Jackson in Jackson, Mississippi, where Norman Xiong and Cameron Champ share the lead.
- Day-2 Leaders: Following a second round 67, 19-year old Norman Xiong moved into a tie for the 36-hole lead alongside Cameron Champ (70).
- Second Youngest: With a win, Xiong would become the second-youngest PGA Tour winner since 1932 at 19 years, 11 months, 19 days – one day older
than Jordan Spieth when Spieth won the 2013 John Deere Classic.
- Top Chasers: One shot back were Shawn Stefani and Jonathan Byrd, who posted matching 68s to sit T3 at 8 under.
- Logjam: Five more players were tied at 7-under par, including Hudson Swafford and Scott Stallings, among others.
- Last Year’s Winner: The 2017 Sanderson Farms champion, Ryan Armour, posted a 1-over par 73 to sit T60 alongside 12 other players, who made the cut right on the number.
- Top-Ranker: World No. 76 Dylan Frittelli, the field’s top-ranked player, was one of those players tied with Armour at 1 under following a day-two 71.
- Low Score: With a 7-under par 65, Benjamin Silverman shot the day’s best round and moved 80 spots up the leaderboard to T31.
- High Score: With a 10-over par 82, Wesley Bryan and Carl Pettersson posted the day’s worst scores – both easily missing the cut.
- Hole-in-One: With a 6-iron, Alex Cejka aced the par-3 4th hole.
- Withdraw: After a 43 on his first-nine on Friday, Grayson Murray, the 36-hole leader at this event in 2016, withdrew.
2018 Sanderson Farms Championship
Second Round: The Top 10
1. Norman Xiong -9 (-5)
1. Cameron Champ -9 (-2)
3. Shawn Stefani -8 (-4)
3. Jonathan Byrd -8 (4)
5. Hudson Swafford -7 (-4)
5. Seth Reeves -7 (-2)
5. Scott Stallings -7 (-5)
5. D.J. Trahan -7 (-2)
5. Chad Ramey -7 (-2)
10. Five players tied -6