Five things to know after the second round of the 2018 Mayakoba Golf Classic at El Camaleon Golf Club in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, where Matt Kuchar leads by two.
- Leader: Highlighted by five-straight birdies on Nos. 2-6, Matt Kuchar posted a second-consecutive 64 to reach 14 under
- Low Round: 23-year old Cameron Champ signed for the day’s low score – a 9 under par 62 – to move to 12-under par, and into solo second place.
- Withdraw: After a third double bogey on the par-4 11th hole to sit 6-over par with seven holes to play, Grayson Murray withdrew from the tournament.
- Missed-Cut: Coming off his worst season as a pro, Jordan Spieth has started the new season even worse. After a T55 last week against a mediocre Shriners field, Spieth shot rounds of 71 and 69 to miss the weekend in an even worse field in Mexico.
- Biggest Mover: A first-day 72 was followed by a second-round 64, moving Denny McCarthy 66 spots up the leaderboard, from T109 to T43 at 6 under.
TOP 5 LEADERS
Pos-Player-To Par (Today)
1. Matt Kuchar -14 (-7)
2. Cameron Champ -12 (-9)
3. Danny Lee -11 (-5)
3. Whee Kim -11 (-8)
3. Dominic Bozzelli -11 (-4)
3. Patton Kizzire -11 (-5)
3. Brian Gay -11 (-8)
3. Anirban Lahiri -11 (-5)
3. Richy Werenski -11 (-5)