Bubba Watson shot a final-round 7-under 63 to overtake 54-hole leader Paul Casey and capture his third Travelers Championship trophy.
Watson offset a single bogey with eight birdies, none bigger than a gain on the par-4 18th hole that nearly holed.
The 39-year old finished his four days at TPC River Highlands at 17-under par 263, three shots clear of a foursome at 14-under par, including J.B. Holmes (67), Stewart Cink (62), Beau Hossler (66), and the aforementioned Casey (74), who collapsed like a cheap tent on Sunday.
Height: 6′ 3″
Weight: 180 lb
Birthdate: November 5, 1978 (age 39)
Native: Bagdad, Florida
Resides: Pensacola, Florida
College: University of Georgia
Primary Sponsor: PING
Equipment: PING Clubs, Titleist Pro V1x
1. Bubba Watson -17 (70-63-67-63)
2. J.B. Holmes -14 (66-68-65-67)
2. Stewart Cink -14 (68-68-69-62)
2. Paul Casey -14 (65-67-62-74)
2. Beau Hossler -14 (65-67-68-66)
THE FOUR ROUNDS
Driving: 311.7 yards (7th)
Fairways: 29/56, 51.8% (70th)
Greens: 55/72, 77.8% (7th)
Putts Per GIR: 90 putts/1.643 (5th)
Numbers: 1 Eagle, 22 Birdies, 42 Pars, 7 Bogeys
PGA Tour: 12
2018 Travelers Championship
2018 WGC-Dell Match Play
2018 Genesis Open
2016 Genesis Open
2015 Travelers Championship
2014 WGC-HSBC Champions
2014 Masters Tournament
2014 Genesis Open
2012 Masters Tournament
2011 Zurich Classic of New Orleans
2011 Farmers Insurance Open
2010 Travelers Championship
- With his third win at TPC River Highlands, only Billy Casper (4) owns more trophies at the Travelers than Watson.
- Watson also won his third Genesis Open title earlier this season.
- Eight of Watson’s 12 wins have come at three courses: TPC River Highlands (3), Riviera (3), and Augusta National (2).
BUBBA’S FINAL-ROUND HIGHLIGHTS
With his win, Watson earned $1,260,000 and 500 points to move to No. 3 on the PGA Tour’s points standings.
Watson received 58 OWGR points for the win, and will move from 20th to No. 12 in the Official World Golf Rankings.