LIV Golf has launched a free-to-play fantasy game, LIV Golf Fantasy, designed to engage fans and create deeper connections with the new golf league, its teams and players.
Golf fans can now join a public league or create their own, strategically pick “their team” out of LIV Golf’s 2023 roster of players, and follow the action for a chance to climb the global leaderboard and win prizes like exclusive event access, tickets and merchandise.
“LIV Golf’s new fantasy game is another way to deliver on a core focus of our league: bringing new audiences to the sport through fun, creative opportunities that engage with fans around the world,” said LIV Golf CEO and Commissioner Greg Norman in a statement. “We are just scratching the surface on the possibilities with team golf, and building fantasy teams with the game’s biggest stars is a natural tie-in for fans who love the thrill of team sports and competing with each other.”
LIV Golf Fantasy is available to players 16 years and older in more than 180 territories worldwide at fantasy.livgolf.com where fans can create a free account and begin building their teams. To play, fans select a roster made up of one captain, three additional starters and one substitute. Fans will also select one of LIV Golf’s 12 teams to complete their lineup. Scoring is based solely on each round’s lineup relative to par. The lower the players and team score, the more points the fantasy team earns.
LIVGolf.com features a growing database of stats and historical data, enabling team owners to make educated decisions in creating lineups and managing rosters from tournament to tournament. Team owners can play against one another in private, public, and global leagues, with global leagues offering prizes by event and by season for participants who finish in the top three podium spots.
How LIV Golf Fantasy works:
- Fantasy owners build their team by selecting one captain from the current list of LIV Golf League team captains; three other starters; one substitute; and one LIV Golf team
- The captain, three starters and selected team will be the starting lineup for the first round
- Owners can adjust their lineup before the second and third round by using their substitute player to replace one of the four starters
- Fantasy scores are compiled through player and team performances each round based on scores relative to par. Each player or team score to par equals their fantasy points. Example: A round of 6 under = 6 points
- Just like with LIV Golf League’s unique counting score system, only the top three player scores each day will count for fantasy points for the owner’s team
- The owner’s LIV Golf team selection (e.g., RangeGoats GC, 4Aces GC, etc.) also counts towards the daily score based on the team’s actual counting score
- At the end of the three-day, 54-hole tournament, the team owners with the most points in the respective leagues will be declared the week’s winner
On the web: Fantasy.LIVGolf.com