Ten things to know after the third round of the 2018 CJ Cup at Nine Bridges Golf Club in Jeju Island, South Korea, where Brooks Koepka leads by four.
- Day-3 Leader: Following rounds of 71, 65, and 67, Brooks Koepka holds a commanding four-shot lead after 54 holes. Koepka hit 10 of 14 fairways and 13 of 18 greens but needed just 30 putts en route to a three-day score of 13-under par.
- World No. 1: With a win, or a runner-up finish, Koepka would move ahead of Dustin Johnson as the new top-ranked golfer in the world.
- Top Chasers: Ryder Cup star Ian Poulter (68) and overnight leader Scott Piercy (72) were the closest chasers to the three-time major winner at 9-under par.
- Logjam: Six more players were tied at 8-under par including Rafael Cabrebra-Bello who shot a 65.
- Last Year’s Champ: The 2017 CJ Cup champion, Justin Thomas, continued to struggle, posting his third-straight score in the 70s (73-70-72) and sits T43 at 1-under par. Thomas made eagle at the last after making a quadruple bogey on the par-4 14th.
- Last Week’s Champ: Coming off a five-shot win at last week’s CIMB Classic, Marc Leishman, finally broke 70, carding a 68 to move into the red numbers at 2 under.
- Low Score: With an 8-under 64, Shubhankar Sharma posted the day’s low round. The score was 11 shots better than his day-two 75, as he jumped 45 spots up the leaderboard to T26. The Indian star was easily Saturday’s biggest mover.
- Top Marksman: Native Korean Dong Seop Maeng has hit an incredible 40 of 42 fairways this week en route to a 2-under par (T31).
- Top Korean(s): Among the 13 Korean players in the field, two-time PGA Tour winner Si Woo Kim occupies the highest spot on the leaderboard at 6-under, good for T13. Sung Kang is two shots further back at 4-under (T21).
- Blemish Free: No player finished bogey-free in round one, but five players navigated Nine Bridges cleanly on Friday, and 10 more did so on Saturday: Ted Potter Jr. (65), Rafa Cabrera Bello (65), Hideki Matsuyama (66), Emiliano Grillo (66) Cameron Smith (67), Brooks Koepka (67), J.B. Holmes (68), Pat Perez (68), Gary Woodland (68), and Graeme McDowell (69).
2018 CJ CUP
Round Three: The Top 10
Pos-Player-To Par (Today)
1. Brooks Koepka -13 (-5)
2. Scott Piercy -9 (E)
2. Ian Poulter -9 (-4)
4. Pat Perez -8 (-4)
4. Chez Reavie -8 (-2)
4. Gary Woodland -8 (-4)
4. Cameron Smith -8 (-5)
4. Jamie Lovemark -8 (-4)
4. Rafael Cabrera Bello -8 (-7)
10. Jason Day -7 (-7)
10. Ryan Armour -7 (-3)
10. Ted Potter Jr. -7 (-3)