Ten things to know after the second round of the 2018 CJ Cup at Nine Bridges Golf Club in Jeju Island, South Korea, where Scott Piercy leads.
- Day-2 Leader: With a 7-under 65, Scott Piercy grabbed sole possession of the halftime lead by one shot. Piercy hit 13/14 fairways and 16/18 greens en route to a two-day score of 9-under par.
- Top Chaser: World No. 3 Brooks Koepka eagled the 18th hole to sign for a 65, good for a two-day total of 8-under par. He will be paired with Piercy in round three.
- Overnight Leader: After a second-day 70, first-round leader Chez Reavie slipped back to third-place at 6-under par.
- Ryder Cup Teammates: Four off the lead at 5-under par were European Ryder Cup teammates Ian Poutler (69) and Alex Noren (65).
- Last Year’s Champ: The 2017 CJ Cup champion, Justin Thomas, also eagled the 18th to post a 70, and finally get in to the red numbers at 1-under par. Despite some early struggles, Thomas was just eight back heading into the weekend at T22.
- Last Week’s Champ: Coming off a five-shot win at last week’s CIMB Classic, Marc Leishman, carded a second-round 71 for a two-day score of 2-over par.
- Ace in the Hole: The first ever hole-in-one at the CJ Cup was recorded by Paul Casey on the par-3 187-yard seventh hole with a 7-iron. It was the Englishman’s second career hole-in-one.
- Top Korean(s): Following a day-two card of 73, Si Woo Kim fell into a tie with Sung Kang (67) for the low Korean score at 2-under par.
- Low Score: With an 8-under 64, Brian Harman posted the round of the day. It was 12 shots better than his opening round of 76.
- Blemish Free: No player finished bogey-free in round one, but five players navigated Nine Bridges cleanly on Friday: Pat Perez (68), Andrew Putnam (68), Scott Piercy (65), Alex Noren (65), and Sung Kang (67).
2018 CJ CUP
Round Two: The Top 10
Pos-Player-To Par (Today)
1. Scott Piercy -9 (-7)
2. Brooks Koepka -8 (-7)
3. Chez Reavie -6 (-2)
4. Ian Poulter -5 (-3)
4. Alexander Noren -5 (-7)
6. Pat Perez -4 (-4)
6. Gary Woodland -4 (-5)
6. Jamie Lovemark -4 (-4)
6. Ryan Armour -4 (-5)