The PGA Tour heads from New Jersey to Chicago for the BMW Championship – the second leg of the 2019 FedExCup Playoffs. Teeing it up this week will be the top-70 players in the FedExCup’s points standings, as 55 were eliminated following last weekend’s Northern Trust.
Only 30 players will move on to the next stage (Tour Championship at East Lake in Atlanta, Georgia), so the stakes will be extra high this week for many players at Medinah Country Club. Those who do miss the top 30 cut will have to wait until next season, which – believe it or not – starts next month (Sep. 12-15 at The Greenbrier).
As the second of three playoff events, the field this week is naturally loaded with all the big names, including the tournament’s top trio of Brooks Koepka, Rory McIlroy and Patrick Reed.
They will be preceded by three more marquee groups in Bryson DeChambeau, Tony Finau, and Kevin Kisner; Paul Casey, Adam Scott, and Justin Thomas; then Xander Schauffele, Gary Woodland, and Abraham Ancer.
In the afternoon, Dustin Johnson, Webb Simpson and Justin Rose will be the headlining trio. They will be sandwiched between the threesome of Marc Leishman, Rickie Fowler, and Chez Reavie (on the front) and the pairing of Matt Kuchar, Jon Rahm, and Patrick Cantlay (on the back).
Tiger Woods, if he can go, will be paired with C.T. Pan and 2014 FedExCup winner Billy Horschel in the opening two rounds.
Top Pairings at Medinah
- Justin Thomas (10), Paul Casey (21), Adam Scott (17)
- Dustin Johnson (2), Justin Rose (4), Webb Simpson (12)
- Brooks Koepka (1), Rory McIlroy (3), Patrick Reed (15)
- Bryson DeChambeau (8), Tony Finau (15), Kevin Kisner (29)
- Rickie Fowler (18), Marc Leishman (24), Chez Reavie (27)
- Xander Schauffele (11), Gary Woodland (16), Abraham Ancer (39)
- Tiger Woods (6), C.T. Pan (51), Billy Horschel (33)
Bold denotes world top-25 (ranked) player.
Download/view full tee-time sheet for the 2019 BMW Championship (PDF).