The PGA Tour’s 2021 regular season ends this week with the 82nd edition of the Wyndham Championship. Only the top 125 will qualify for The Northern Trust, the opening leg of the FedExCup playoffs.
According to the PGA Tour, going back to 2007, nine players have qualified for all 14 FedExCup playoffs: Charley Hoffman, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Brandt Snedeker, Adam Scott, Matt Kuchar, Charles Howell III, Justin Rose and Ryan Moore.
Hoffman (30), Mickelson (54), Watson (71) and Snedeker (93) are all guaranteed a 15th straight postseason. Howell is not in the field, and will miss the playoffs for the first time in the FedExCup era.
The other four are on the bubble and have some work to do: Scott (121), Kuchar (124), Rose (138) and Moore (142).
Here’s where they need to finish to crack the top 125, and keep their streak alive.
Four Seeking 15
121. Adam Scott – The 2013 Masters winner is in at the moment but a top-40 finish would lock him in.
124. Matt Kuchar – Kuchar is also in at No. 124 but if he were to miss the cut he’d likely get knocked out of the postseason. A top-30 finish would seal the deal.
138. Justin Rose – The classy Englishman sits in 138th place and will need a top-10 finish to qualify for the playoffs.
142. Ryan Moore – The 2016 Ryder Cup member is ranked 142nd and will need a top-6 finish to punch his ticket to Liberty National.
Other Notables on the Playoff Bubble
130. Rickie Fowler The fan favorite needs a 21st or better finish. Otherwise he’ll miss the playoffs for the first time in his career.
140. Francesco Molinari – The 2018 British Open winner sits 140th and will need a top-6 to move on.
161. Jason Dufner – The 2013 PGA winner will need a top-2 finish or his season ends.
171. Jim Herman – The Wyndham defending champ also will need a top-2 finish or his season is over.