On Sunday at a brutal Bay Hill, Kurt Kitayama signed for an even-par 72 to claim a one-shot victory over Rory McIlroy (70) and Harris English (70) at the 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitational.
- Kitayama finished 9-under 279 and earned $3.6 million.
- It was Kitayama’s first win on the PGA Tour.
- The 30-year-old from California moved to No. 19 in the PGA Tour’s world rankings.
- Patrick Cantlay (68), Jordan Spieth (70), Tyrrell Hatton (72), Scottie Scheffler (73) finished T4 on 7 under.
- “I think just a little bit of luck finally went my way,” Kitayama said. “When it’s that close at the top, that’s what you need. Anyone probably could have won it. Luckily, it just happened to be me.”
What comes with a win @APInv?
Arnold Palmer's iconic red cardigan. pic.twitter.com/Ye56nURh0B
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) March 5, 2023