A look at some stats and facts after the second round of the WGC-HSBC Champions at Sheshan Golf Club (West) in Shanghai, China, where Dustin Johnson (63) leads Brooks Koepka by one shot.
- Dustin Johnson has now shot a tournament second-round best 63 on two occasions (2013, 2017), and joins Louis Oosthuizen (2011, 2012) and Ernie Els (2012) as players to shoot second-round 63s at the HSBC Champions.
- Brooks Koepka has three career top-10s in World Golf Championships events, including T5 at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play earlier this year where he lost to Jason Day in the quarter-finals.
- Kiradech Aphibarnrat’s T3 matches his best standing through 36 holes at a PGA Tour event (T3, 2013 CIMB Classic).
- Justin Rose, is playing in the HSBC Champions for the fifth time in his career with a T5 in 2013 his best finish.
- Patrick Reed has one win in the WGC (2014 WGC-Mexico Championship), with a T7 as his best finish at the WGC-HSBC Champions.
- South Africa’s Brandon Stone followed up his opening-round high-round 78 with a mind-boggling 87 which included five birdies and five double bogeys, with no birdies. He is at 21 over and 34 shots back.
- Wu Ashu continues to lead the Chinese contingent after an even-par 70 to remain at 5 under (T12).
- Ashun Wu (-5) T12
- Wenchong Liang (-2) T29
- Yanwei Liu (+1) T55
- Zecheng Dou (+3) T63
- XInjun Zhang (+4) T66
- Haotong Li (+4) T66
- Yi Cao (+13) 77
Dustin Johnson (63), Brooks Koepka (68), Charl Schwartzel (70)
FRONT 9: 36.40
BACK 9: 35.84