Cobra Golf recently rolled out the new King F7 driver, calling it the “most innovative” it’s ever created.
The new big sticks from Cobra are being marketed, primarily, around three key features:
- Larger, Lighter Face
- Adjustable Weighting
- Shot-Measuring Software
Here are the 3 main features of this new high-tech driver from Cobra.
1. Larger, Lighter Face
- Larger: The new King F7 driver features a re-engineered larger face and address profile that delivers more distance and speed across the face.
- Lighter: The Forged 8-11 Titanium E9 Face is a variable thickness structure that is designed to be lighter, thinner, and hotter.
- Forgiving: A larger Sweet Zone across the face results in improved performance for off-center hits.
2. Three Adjustable Weights
An adjustable weighting system, with three center of gravity (CG) settings, provides golfers with optimum distance and trajectory for a variety of conditions. The three center of gravity (CG) settings are located in the front, back and heel positions, which produce three different ball flights.
The heavier (12g) weight is the critical weight, and when moved around creates different ball flights.
- When Placed In Front: A lower, penetrating ball flight with less spin and more roll.
- When Placed In Back: A higher, towering ball flight with added spin for more carry.
- When Placed In Heel: More draw spin to correct a slice by delivering straighter drives.
3. Cobra Connect Technology
The F7 driver is the first to implement the Cobra Connect technology – which is embedded inside the grip, allowing golfers to automatically track the distance and accuracy of every shot.
- Free Download: To use the Cobra Connect feature, golfers simply connect their Cobra F7 to the Arccos app, which is available via free download.
- Track Performance: According to Cobra Golf, the technology allows golfers to track the “distance and accuracy of every drive.”
- Data Availability: Once hooked up, golfers will automatically have performance data sent to their mobile phones.
Sources/Credits: Cobra Golf Media