Golf Magazine decided to put Danny Willett, the defending Masters champion, on its April (Masters issue) cover. The choice makes sense from an editorial perspective.
But the response from its followers on Instagram was brutal, and not really unexpected.
- Danny Willet not a popular Master’s champion? … That should be a topic for the magazine.
- You won that jacket and then nothing else.
- Right place right time. Nothing else.
- Man it had to be a slow month to put this guy on the cover.
- This pisses me off every time I see it.
- Has this guy even made a cut since then?
- It was given to him by an epic collapse.
- Danny Willet and his whole family are a bunch of douchebags.
- Really? Guy had last year’s masters handed to him and he hasn’t even came close to winning anything since!!