Tiger Woods struggled to a 75 on Saturday and will head into Sunday’s final round of the Hero World Challenge tied for 10th at 4-under par.
After two impressive rounds to open his comeback, Tiger’s performance on Saturday should act as a wake-up call to fans and media alike to pump the brakes a bit on some of the expectations for Woods.
“Yeah, it was a rough start. Whatever I did right ended up in a bad spot and whatever I did wrong was really wrong. I just couldn’t get it turned around, it kept going the wrong way,” said Woods.
RECAP: TIGER WOODS
Here’s a recap of Tiger’s third round:
- Score: Woods finished 40-35-75 with two birdies, five bogeys, and 11 pars. He is at 4 under and 10 back of the lead, tied for 10th place.
- Round One: 35-34-69
- Round Two: 31-37-68
- Round Three: 40-35-75
- Greens in Regulation: He only hit 50% of his greens today (9 of 18), after hitting 66.7% the first two days. Through three rounds, he’s 33 of 54.
- Round One: 12 of 18
- Round Two: 12 of 18
- Round Three: 9 of 18
- Putting: His Putts Per GIR remain solid – T6 with a 1.661.
- Driving Accuracy: His accuracy off the tee was off again, hitting just 7 of 13 – same as Thursday. His three day total is 23 of 39 for a 59% clip.
- Round One: 7 of 13
- Round Two: 9 of 13
- Round Three: 7 of 13
- Red Numbers: He finished with just two birdies, leaving him with 11 total and at the bottom of the pack.
- Round One: 5 Birdies
- Round Two: 4 Birdies, 1 Eagle
- Round Three: 2 Birdies
- Not Alone: Despite the ugly stats, Tiger was not the only one who struggled on Saturday. In fact, only four players shot a score under par, and none shot in the 60s.
- Carry Over: It seems like Tiger’s bad inward nine on Friday carried over to his opening nine on Saturday. The good news is he turned it around down the stretch with two late birdies. Tiger’s start tomorrow should tell us a lot.
Credits: PGA Tour Media, Getty Images