According to a report from the Las Vegas Review-Journal, no tickets will be made available to the public for the $9 million match between Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, to be held Nov. 23 at Shadow Creek in North Las Vegas.
Brian Hurlburt, in the Las Vegas Review-Journal, wrote, “Multiple sources who are familiar with the planning said a small gathering of sponsors and VIPs will be given access to Shadow Creek, which is owned by MGM Resorts International.
“The event is believed to be the first televised pay-per-view golf event. Broadcast rights are held by WarnerMedia. Also, no parts of the match will be played under the lights as was under speculation following Mickelson’s comments about the event being held in prime time.”
- Live pay-per-view coverage of the event will be distributed through Turner’s B/R Live, the company’s new premium live sports streaming service, AT&T’s DIRECTV, AT&T U verse, and will be offered to other on-demand platforms.
- HBO Sports and its groundbreaking 18-time Sports Emmy ® Award-winning 24/7 reality franchise will capture all the excitement leading up to the match.
- Bleacher Report and its wildly-popular House of Highlights, which recently surpassed 10 million followers on Instagram, will offer comprehensive highlights and behind-the-scenes content.
- Turner’s TNT will also televise programming with select content from the event in the weeks following the live competition.
- Turner International will facilitate distribution of live PPV access to the event outside the U.S.
“The iconic Tiger Woods and five-time Major Champion Phil Mickelson are generational talents who have transcended the game of golf and their rivalry continues to be one of the most compelling in sports,” said David Levy, President of Turner, in an August press release.
“This one-of-a-kind, winner-take-all matchup provides a great opportunity to show fans the benefits of AT&T and WarnerMedia coming together.
“For the first time since AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner (now WarnerMedia), Turner, DirecTV and HBO will present a multi-faceted presentation of the live event and accompanying content across a vast array of platforms.”