A look at some stats and facts after the third round of the WGC-HSBC Champions at Sheshan Golf Club (West) in Shanghai, China, where Dustin Johnson (68) leads Brooks Koepka by six shots.
- Dustin Johnson’s six-shot lead is the largest 54-hole advantage of his PGA Tour career. His previous best was a five-shot lead at the Genesis Open earlier this year, which he won.
- Brooks Koepka is chasing his third PGA Tour title where his first two wins have been come-from-behind victories.
- The biggest comeback in tournament history was achieved by Germany’s Martin Kaymer, who overcame a five-shot deficit, with a final-round 63 to win by three shots.
- Henrik Stenson, seven shots back, won the 2009 PLAYERS Championship by coming back from five shots down after 54 holes.
- Poom Saksansin of Thailand produced the only bogey free card of 68 during the third round to move up to T15 position on 5-under.
- Shugo Imahira of Japan was disqualified from the third round after he did not show up for his tee time of 10.35am. He had mistakenly seen a wrong starting time but will still earn last place prize money of $43,000.
- South Africa’s Brandon Stone followed up his opening two rounds of 78 and 87 with an impressive 4-under 68. He is now 17-over and 34 shots off the lead.
- Wu Ashu continues to lead the Chinese contingent even after a 1-over 73, which dropped him to 4 under and T21.
- Ashun Wu (-4) T21
- Wenchong Liang (-1) T33
- XInjun Zhang (+3) T52
- Haotong Li (+3) T52
- Yanwei Liu (+6) T68
- Zecheng Dou (+6) T68
- Yi Cao (+20) 77
ROUND 1: Gavin Green (65), Patrick Reed (66), Wu Ashun (67), Matt Kuchar (67)
ROUND 2: Dustin Johnson (63), Brooks Koepka (68), Charl Schwartzel (70)
ROUND 3: Poom Saksansin (68)
FRONT 9: 36.93
BACK 9: 35.79