It has not been ALL bad for Tiger Woods and his family this week. His niece, Cheyenne, qualified to play the U.S. Women’s Open this July.
The 26-year-old Woods is currently in her second year as a full-time LPGA member, and is No. 248 in the Rolex Rankings (the women’s version of the OWGR). It will be her first time in the field since 2014.
- Cheyenne Woods took co-medalist honors on Tuesday at a sectional qualifier in California, shooting 71-70.
- Woods has twice played the U.S. Open, missing the cut in both attempts.
- The U.S. Women’s Open will be head from July 13-16 at Trump National (New Jersey)
- Woods has made just four cuts in eight events on the LPGA Tour this season, with a high finish of T52.
- She is a daughter of Susan and Earl Dennison Woods Jr., who is Tiger Woods’s half-brother.
- Her paternal grandfather, Earl Woods (Tiger’s father), was her first coach.