As you know, Tiger Woods made his much-anticipated return to the PGA Tour – teeing it up at Torrey Pines in the Farmers Insurance Open.
So what are golf fans to do without Tiger around for the weekend? Well, they pass around memes of the one-time/long-time world number one.
This shot of Tiger Woods practicing with no club was sort of tee’d up for a caption contest, so it got lots of feed-time on the social channels this weekend.
Hey, That’s Me…!
Many commenters noted that it looks like something every Joe Blow does at home – even their dads.
- “This gives me instant validation for all the times I’ve done this”
- “I literally do this everywhere I go”
- “Lol all the time… at the weirdest places”
- “That’s us”
- “Our dads?”
- “El Papa haha”
Others were a bit more biting and snarky with their comments…
- “The club here is a lot like his game. Non existent.”
- “Plenty of practice time now after missing the cut. Haha.”
- “He’s practicing the no club swing to get ready for his weekend at home.”
This one takes a shot at Nike…
- “Swinging all the Nike golf clubs left in his bag.”
And the best one…
- “When your club goes flying in the through swing but you stay cool and hope no one will notice.”