Earlier this year (or late last year) we published a list of the five ugliest trophies on the PGA Tour.
On a related note, the winner of this week’s Trophee Hassan, Jorge Campillo, didn’t receive what you’d call a traditional trophy, but instead was awarded a “diamond-encrusted dagger.”
When viewing the photo as part of our recap, it reminded us of our popular “ugly trophy” post.
And we’re not alone: In an Instagram slideshow, published by the European Tour, the “dagger” was included as one of the ‘10 Most Unusual Trophies on Tour.’
10. Trophee Hassan II (current)
9. Hopps Open de Provence (current)*
8. Mallorca Classic (defunct)
7. Daily Telegraph Damovo British Masters (defunct)
6. Viking Challenge (defunct)*
5. Castello Masters (defunct)
4. Swiss Challenge (active)*
3. KLM Open (defunct)
2. MCB Tour Championship (active)**
1. Nelson Mandela Championship (defunct)
* Challenge Tour (development), ** Staysure Tour (senior)